[Discuss MovieFest] submission and time investment question

Matt and Debbie Cowens mcowens at paradise.net.nz
Sat Aug 12 03:12:41 CDT 2006

Re: [Discuss MovieFest] submission and time investment questionHi all,

We made a film with secondary students this year - a bit too much teacher involvement to call it a school entry, but the team was 3 teachers and 4 students.

We made the film over 2 days of the holidays (brainstorm & script Tuesday, Shoot Wednesday).

We then spent several evenings editing - teachers doing the editing with no kids around.

If we'd been making a schools entry, with kids doing camera work and editing, we'd probably have needed 4 days of the holidays, one prep, one shoot, 2 edit.  We worked 11am to 4pm on the 2 days we did as a whole team this year.

Matt
  -----
  I'd be interested to find out how much time other (especially primary) schools were able to invest in this... With us, we basically had lunchtimes (only one last term to brainstorm ideas), 3 after-schools, 1 for scripting, 2 for filming (about 3 hrs each) and 1 extra after-school (lastnight about 4 hours) for editing... Prob about 50 hours total?